If you are having money problems, the first thing to do is to ask for help!
Contact us on 0115 988 7069 or email email@example.com
Having money worries is very stressful. Here are some general Dos & Don’ts from Community Money Advice that you may find helpful (although every situation is different.) We would always advise that you seek free help.
- Do notify creditors of any problems or changes immediately.
- Do give priority to those debts that may result in you losing your home, fuel supply or liberty.
- Do respond to Court Summons immediately.
- Do respond to letters promptly.
- Do keep copies of all correspondence.
- Don’t assume your debts will go away by ignoring them or if you have not heard from your creditors for some time.
- Don’t be pressurised into making any decisions. If things upset you, take time to think and cool down first.
- Don’t “rob Peter to pay Paul”.
- Don’t make offers you can’t afford.
- Don’t borrow more money to pay off your debts without taking independent advice. This can make matters worse.
- Don’t lose hope. Even if it takes a long time, you can still get through.
Source: Community Money Advice